Definición de tagine en inglés:
1A North African stew of spiced meat and vegetables prepared by slow cooking in a shallow earthenware cooking dish with a tall, conical lid.
- You then share a Brasilian plate of two empenadas (baked turnovers, one beef and one sardine), red beans, salad and salsa, and the plat du jour, a lamb tajine, deliciously spiced.
- The meat, which is much less tender, is ideal for the long slow cooking of a tagine.
- This spice mix has its origins in Tunisia and is used in couscous, meat dishes and some tagines.
1.1The dish used for cooking tagines.
- For instance, northern African nomads, in the past and still today, would often use a clay tagine, a cooking pot with a conical lid enclosure acting like an oven, used for making meat stews.
- I brought back a giant tagine from Morocco and I'd fill it with chicken and vegetables with a bit of olive oil and lemon.
- There were always lots of us at mealtimes, and a tajine or two was always simmering on the fire.
from Moroccan Arabic ṭažin from Arabic ṭājin 'frying pan'.
Definición de tagine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary