1The last or hindmost part of something: we joined the tail end of a queue
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Five minutes later I'm sliding around outside in the tail end of a whopper American snowstorm.
- The tail end of this long piece is the most purely beautiful five minutes of sound I've heard in a couple years at least.
- The front-runners were in after an hour plus, the tail end came in half an hour plus later.
tail-ender sustantivo ( Cricket )
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the end we hung on, our tail-enders dug deep and we passed the 100 mark which, given the conditions, was sufficient for the bowlers to snuff out Norfolk's resolve.
- The pitch is still good with pace and bounce and in this era of lower order batsmen rather than slogging tail-enders, 31 was not a daunting challenge.
- Batting is something the coach encourages all of us to work on and if us tail-enders can get 20 or so to our name it all helps.
Definición de tail end en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.