- 1 (tailings) The residue of something, especially ore: tailings from the mine may contaminate local waterwaysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Much of the pollution comes from mine tailings, or residues.
- We've come to the Kennedy Mines Tailing Wheels, which were once these four huge wheels that carried the tailings, or residue, from the mines.
- Questions about possible adverse health effects from environmental and occupational exposures to uranium have arisen as a result of uranium mining, residual mine tailings, and the use of depleted uranium in the military.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Grain or flour of inferior quality.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Let all the husks, leaves, escaped grain, and other tailings fall directly behind the combine.
- 2 [mass noun] The action of cutting the stalks or ends off fruit or vegetables: the green beans only needed topping and tailingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Wth a blade only 10cm (4") long, it is used for a host of small jobs in the kitchen, from tipping and tailing vegetables to sectioning fruit.
- The short sturdy blade is ideal for peeling, carving, cutting, topping and tailing vegetables or fruit that can be held in the hand or placed on a board.
- 3The part of a beam or projecting brick or stone embedded in a wall.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After tooling, cut off mortar tailings with trowel and brush excess mortar burrs and dust from face of brick.
Más definiciones de tailingDefinición de tailing en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.