Definición de tailpiece en inglés:
1A part added to the end of a story or piece of writing: there was a tailpiece to the article
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am surprised that you have not included something in your Chiel tailpiece about the humorous story that the public were satisfied with municipal services.
- Mind you… this to all Chiel correspondents… don't stop the jokes coming; a lot are very useful in this column as tailpieces and filler stories.
- Bessie Howard is now in a retirement home in Johannesburg and the tailpiece, together with this story, will be going to her.
2The piece at the base of a violin or other stringed instrument to which the strings are attached.
- The internal block at the bottom holds the tail button to which the tailpiece (which holds the strings) is hitched.
- The fingerboard and tailpiece are now usually of ebony (boxwood was formerly used) Just within the margins of belly and back, a groove in the wood is filled with ‘purfling’: thin strips of some other wood, contrasting in colour and pattern.
- The strings had snapped, the fingerboard was half off, the ornate bridge had shattered and the tailpiece had fallen off.
Words that rhyme with tailpieceGreenpeace
Definición de tailpiece en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India