Definición de tailpiece en inglés:
1A part added to the end of a story or piece of writing: there was a tailpiece to the article
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am surprised that you have not included something in your Chiel tailpiece about the humorous story that the public were satisfied with municipal services.
- Mind you… this to all Chiel correspondents… don't stop the jokes coming; a lot are very useful in this column as tailpieces and filler stories.
- Bessie Howard is now in a retirement home in Johannesburg and the tailpiece, together with this story, will be going to her.
2The piece at the base of a violin or other stringed instrument to which the strings are attached.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The internal block at the bottom holds the tail button to which the tailpiece (which holds the strings) is hitched.
- The fingerboard and tailpiece are now usually of ebony (boxwood was formerly used) Just within the margins of belly and back, a groove in the wood is filled with ‘purfling’: thin strips of some other wood, contrasting in colour and pattern.
- The strings had snapped, the fingerboard was half off, the ornate bridge had shattered and the tailpiece had fallen off.
Definición de tailpiece en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda