Definición de take wing en inglés:
1(Of a bird, insect, or other winged creature) fly away.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Meanwhile, overhead, several woodcreepers cling to tree trunks, ready to snatch insects that take wing to avoid being trampled.
- The crow preened its feathers and took wing again, gliding away into the trees.
- My foot encountered a twig, and it snapped loudly in my hearing, causing a flock of black creatures that had been roosting in a neighboring tree to take wing.
1.1Depart swiftly; flee: Louise took wing for America
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Novelist and aesthetician, she lived in her mother's Florentine villa with her, but took wing for a season each year to spend some time in London, where she was an accepted figure on the literary scene.
- It was here, amid the wilderness of the Forest of Dean (the inspiration for the Forbidden Forest) that Rowling's imagination took wing.
- But it was when she first introduced him to opera that his interest really took wing and became a passion.
Definición de take wing en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán