Definición de talisman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural talismans)
- I wouldn't say that I performed any rituals, per se, but I was on the lookout for talismans, good luck charms - I was big on minerals, and took to wearing jewelry.
- The psychological aspects of healing through the use of rituals, prayers, charms and talismans represent another aspect of traditional herbal shamanism.
- Songstones were placed along the borders of the villages of the songweavers, and their strange powers made them effective talismans for warding off danger.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The talismanic pride of Stoke City, he was still the man in possession of the national gloves four years later in Mexico when his save from Pelé was as vibrant as the blue shirt he wore.
- A trained anthropologist, Small was inspired by indigenous people who imbued their jewellery with talismanic significance.
- The Englishman, who has just completed the best of his four seasons at the club, admits that he wouldn't be the player he is now had it not been for the talismanic Swede.
Mid 17th century: based on Arabic ṭilsam, apparently from an alteration of late Greek telesma 'completion, religious rite', from telein 'complete, perform a rite', from telos 'result, end'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.