- A film with a soundtrack, as distinct from a silent film: one of the most beloved actors of the silent screen and early talkiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There were several silents, several early talkies and 15 other films between 1935-49 about Louis Vance's Michael Lanyard, the jewel thief-turned hero.
- In the 1930s, monster movies were the staples of Universal Pictures' line-up, a cash cow as the industry metamorphosed from silent films to talkies.
- Like many early talkies, this film alternates between stretches of awkward pantomime and stretches of clumsy dialogue.
early 20th century (originally US in the phrase the talkies): from talk, on the pattern of movie.
Más definiciones de talkieDefinición de talkie en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.