Definición de Tammany en inglés:
- Running for re-election in 1997 at a flush fiscal moment, he handed out subsidies to an array of interest groups that left him looking more like a Tammany pol than a municipal reformer.
- They'll also, in somewhat lesser Tammany fashion, feed you.
- The story of New South Wales Labor MP's torrid time on the turps - and the New South Wales Liberal leader's expulsion from Parliament by the Tammany boys for stating the truth - has made international papers.
- Tammanyite sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When he turned, the noseless Tammanyite spat three times in his face and challenged him.
- Least cooperative, he once recalled, was a Tammanyite who for a year paid $300 a month for home treatments, had a hangover every time he came to the house, never let him in.
- The best scene in the film for me showed in one take this panorama: Irish coming off the boat, being pelted with rocks by native gangs, taken aside by Tammanyites and handed bread and a reminder to vote.
Named after an American Indian chief of the late 17th century, said to have welcomed William Penn, and regarded as ‘patron saint’ of Pennsylvania and other northern colonies.
Palabras que riman con TammanyChamonix, salmony, scammony
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.