- 1A plug of soft material inserted into the vagina to absorb menstrual blood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When you're ready to insert the tampon into your vagina, it might be easier to sit down rather than stand up.
- High absorbency tampons left in the vagina for a long time have been associated with a dangerous illness called toxic shock syndrome.
- Well, the idea of pushing a tampon into your vagina to soak up the flow seems totally gross at first.
- 2 Medicine A plug of material used to stop a wound or block an opening in the body and absorb blood or secretions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After the nasal tampon has been inserted, wetting it with a small amount of topical vasoconstrictor may hasten effectiveness.
- The procedure consists of inserting tampons of sterile gauze inside the nasal cavities of the patient, by using surgical forceps.
- It is common use that medicated tampons may be applied to a specific body area.
verbo (tampons, tamponing, tamponed)[with object] Volver al principio
- Plug with a tampon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A woman's fertility or lack thereof may be relevant in the bedroom, but it is in the bathroom that she is most keenly aware of it, whether tamponing herself or holding a pregnancy test in a ‘steady stream’ of pee.
- The splinter could not be extracted, and the liver was tamponed and drained.
mid 19th century: from French, nasalized variant of tapon 'plug, stopper', ultimately of Germanic origin and related to tap1.
Más definiciones de tamponDefinición de tampon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.