- 1Twisted together untidily; matted: his hair was a tangled messMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By now the path has degraded into the faintest of trails, partly hidden by leaves, obscured sometimes entirely by masses of tangled roots.
- Beside him, the Indian girl came partway awake, batting a clot of tangled hair from her face.
- I bend down to give her a kiss, pulling back the tangled mesh of her black hair.
- 1.1Complicated and confused; chaotic: a tangled tale the tangled relationships between Ryan and Marissa, and Seth and SummerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They're locked in a feedback loop, a tangled form of denial.
- He doesn't name a specific place, a specific society, or a particular world for Mozart's tangled love game.
- The truth of course is that sex is more potent than politics, even the tangled politics of royalty.
a tangled web
- A complex, difficult, and confusing situation or thing: a tangled web of lies[from ‘O what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive’ (Scott's Marmion)]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The whole situation had been a tangled web, but after everything that had occurred, he knew that for the sake of family and for the sake of a child, he knew he would have to go back.
- I didn't mention that I had dated a total of one guy, had a disastrous event with two others and was in a tangled web of confusion with a third.
- It may be the most complex structure in the universe, a tangled web of more than a hundred billion nerve cells.