Definición de tankard en inglés:
1A tall beer mug, typically made of silver or pewter, with a handle and sometimes a hinged lid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm not one of those that laments the old thick dimpled beer tankards with handles on the side.
- Pewter mugs and tankards were the main vessels for dispensing beer, but the metal did not appeal to drinkers of coffee and tea.
- But he raised a pewter tankard of foaming ale to celebrate the success of his campaign and will be back next week
1.1The contents of or an amount held by a tankard: I’ve downed a tankard of ale
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When she couldn't find anything, she refused the offer of his to buy her a drink, and sat with her friends, watching Tyron with a raised eyebrow as he ordered a tankard of ale.
- Hw drew himself a tankard of ale and carried it and Gunnar's drink to the Swede's table.
- She bought the girl a tankard of hot cider and herself a robust country ale.
Middle English (denoting a large tub for carrying liquid): perhaps related to Dutch tanckaert.
Palabras que riman con tankardunmeasured • uninjured
Definición de tankard en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda