- A parasitic flatworm, the adult of which lives in the intestines. It has a long ribbon-like body with many segments that can become independent, and a small head bearing hooks and suckers.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Class Cestoda, phylum Platyhelminthes
- The cestodes, or tapeworms, differ in a number of ways from other flatworms.
- An abundance of parasites, such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, nematodes, tapeworms, and the larvae of flies, wasps, and moths, are known to infect bumblebees.
- The gravid segment of the adult tapeworm breaks off and disintegrates in the large bowel, releasing hundreds of infective eggs, which then pass out with the feces.
Más definiciones de tapewormDefinición de tapeworm en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.