Definición de tarsometatarsus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tarsometatarsi /-sʌɪ, -siː/)Zoology
A long bone in the lower leg of birds and some reptiles, formed by fusion of tarsal and metatarsal structures.
- Two bird tarsometatarsi, one from a green-backed heron and another a turkey, were also interred with the human remains at Brandon.
- However, no significant covariation was observed between length of the tarsometatarsus, an index of skeletal body size, or intensity of T-cell-mediated immune response and sonographic features of begging calls.
- At present, the oldest reliable fossil from this family is a tarsometatarsus that was found in Colorado, dating back to the Paleocene epoch.
- Example sentences
- It is defined as a transverse plane deformity in Lisfranc's (tarsometatarsal) joints in which the metatarsals are deviated medially.
- A rigid abnormality was caused by subluxation of the tarsometatarsal joint with subluxation of the metatarsals.
- The tarsometatarsal (Lisfranc's) joint is the most common site for arthropathy, with initial involvement usually occurring on the medial column of the foot.
Definición de tarsometatarsus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan