sustantivo (plural tarsometatarsi /-sʌɪ, -siː/)Zoology
A long bone in the lower leg of birds and some reptiles, formed by fusion of tarsal and metatarsal structures.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two bird tarsometatarsi, one from a green-backed heron and another a turkey, were also interred with the human remains at Brandon.
- However, no significant covariation was observed between length of the tarsometatarsus, an index of skeletal body size, or intensity of T-cell-mediated immune response and sonographic features of begging calls.
- At present, the oldest reliable fossil from this family is a tarsometatarsus that was found in Colorado, dating back to the Paleocene epoch.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is defined as a transverse plane deformity in Lisfranc's (tarsometatarsal) joints in which the metatarsals are deviated medially.
- A rigid abnormality was caused by subluxation of the tarsometatarsal joint with subluxation of the metatarsals.
- The tarsometatarsal (Lisfranc's) joint is the most common site for arthropathy, with initial involvement usually occurring on the medial column of the foot.
Definición de tarsometatarsus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.