Definición de tarty en inglés:
adjetivo (tartier, tartiest)British informal
1(Of a woman) dressed in a sexually provocative manner that is considered to be in bad taste: it’s nice to see a young girl dressed up prettily without looking tarty or freaky
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They lingered at the entrance to a bar and watched a tarty lady with a spiky black wig and false red nails attempt to entice a fat German tourist.
- Rebecca is best known for playing Karen in Paul Abbott's Shameless, the mouthy and tarty daughter of Frank's girlfriend, Sheila.
- These days, it's mainly host to cheesy 70s and student nights - just drive past on any Saturday and you're bound to see packs of tarty girls fighting over taxis and being sick in the gutter.
1.1(Of clothes) contributing to a sexually provocative appearance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Normally, you would notice the danger signs - the need for control, the short attention span, the tarty clothes, the insatiable insecurity, the hunger for excitement - and take appropriate action.
- After I had dismissed the skin inflaming make-up and the tatty plastic jewellery, all I was left with were surly-looking dolls wearing clompy shoes and tarty skirts that cost the earth.
- The moral crusader commented that she ‘had seen all sorts of things’ in the seedy back streets of London, but she did manage to raise a smile while looking at tarty outfits in a shop window.
- 1tartily adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I also wanted my breasts pointing forward, not pushing tartily upwards into a cleavage like a pigeon's chest.
- Acting talent isn't important compared to an ability to schmooze tartily on the red carpet.
- One time I went clubbing when I was 17 and 3 very tartily dressed girls, obviously about 14, got turned away in front of us.
- 2tartiness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Valentina - the narrator's father's new wife - is a mesmerising combination of desperation and manipulation, vulnerability and aggression, cheap tartiness and pathos.
- Between the painted up like street trash tartiness of the oral visuals, and the otherwise static sense of movement, the adventures of Clutch Cargo were not really animated movies.
Palabras que riman con tartyAmati, arty, Astarte, castrati, chapatti, clarty, coati, ex parte, Frascati, glitterati, Gujarati, hearty, illuminati, karate, Kiribati, lathi, literati, Marathi, obbligati (US obligati), party
Definición de tarty en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda