Definición de tatters en inglés:
Irregularly torn pieces of cloth, paper, or other material: he was forced to wear rags and tatters a beggar would scorn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were photographs stuck to the stone wall, packages with letters, coins, tatters of cloth.
- How many pairs of boots did Carlyon tear to tatters in his researches?
- I twirled the leaf around in my fingers: dry, yellow and brown and brittle, tatters of desiccated material around a skeleton of veins.
- 1in tatters
- Torn in many places; in shreds: wallpaper hung in tattersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And half of the flowers were in tatters, torn by the frenzy of legs and wings.
- Her sleeves were in tatters, the worn cotton having merely given way to greater force.
- Sporting a brave front, he put on his battle gear: a worn-out helmet, its straps in tatters.
- 1.1Destroyed; ruined: the ceasefire was in tatters within hoursMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was argued that business would be destroyed and the town's economic future would be in tatters.
- Hence Europe at war's end was in tatters, Britain was virtually bankrupt, Germany destroyed, and Japan on its knees.
- The country was carved up among rival militia, the economy was in ruins and the social fabric in tatters.
- 1tattery adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I found myself thinking about that thing long after I read the piece, tattery black plastic and metal bits.
- Did think about comandeering the cruise boat but it was rather cold and I didn't think I would be too successful in a tattery silk dress and stilettos!
- I can fill holes no bother, its the mess the walls are in after scraping. layers of cardboard stuff is coming off with the paper leaving tattery bits all over the shot.
Late Middle English (also in the singular meaning 'scrap of cloth'): from Old Norse tǫtrar 'rags'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda