Definición de taxman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural taxmen)informal
1An inspector or collector of taxes.
- But practitioners say the taxmen have failed to tell advisers of an amnesty-style deal of which Bank of Ireland customers can avail, and which is referred to in letters sent out by the bank.
- The taxmen have been encouraged to vigorously collect all unpaid interest income with-holdings that banks have declined to surrender.
- Then the taxmen will examine the business to see where the person's earnings are sourced and if they are declared for tax.
1.1 (the taxman) The government department that collects tax: he denies conspiracy to cheat the taxman
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- False names and addresses were used to hide the real identity of the account holders, who tried to keep their accounts a secret from the taxman.
- Some people continued to leave cash in offshore havens such as Luxembourg and Gibraltar to keep their affairs secret from the taxman.
- Thanks to handouts from the taxman and my employer, each £1 that I pay into the Fool scheme turns into £2.30 on day one.
Definición de taxman en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan