sustantivo (plural igual or teals)
1A small freshwater duck, typically with a greenish band on the wing that is most prominent in flight.
- Genus Anas, family Anatidae: several species, in particular the common Eurasian and Canadian (green-winged) teal (A. crecca)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And while the local migratory birds are flying out, the foreign ones like mallards, pintails, teals, shovelers, pochards, waders and curlews are coming in.
- Ducks, coots, teals, terns, gulls, cormorants, waders, egrets, plovers and herons are some of the birds that assemble here.
- The farm is also home to blue-winged teals, coots, grebes, and an occasional osprey or peregrine falcon.
1.1 (also teal blue) [mass noun] A dark greenish-blue colour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The colors - simmered shades of red, yellow and blue - are more urban decay than Mondrian, turning up as rusty orange, bilious yellow, bruised blue, teal blue and off-red, with smears of black and white.
- Coloured stones in shades like teal blue, burgundy, greens, chocolate browns, beads, wooden bracelets and huge jewelry in like colours are what her customers are asking for.
- I would say the best dress this month has got to be Naomi Watts wearing that Roly Mare dress with the square neckline, form-fitting, and a beautiful sort of teal blue.
Middle English: of unknown origin; related to Dutch teling.
Palabras que riman con tealallele, anele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, cockatiel, conceal, congeal, creel, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, manchineel, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definición de teal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda