- 1 Geology Relating to the structure of the earth’s crust and the large-scale processes which take place within it: the movements of the tectonic plates areas of tectonic activityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In this paper, we discuss the tectonic settings and magmatic processes which allow these magmas to reach the surface.
- This area is a good example of the interplay of tectonic and magmatic processes.
- Even in fairly recent history the theory of tectonic plates beneath the earth's crust was discounted and scorned before it could eventually be proven.
- 1.1(Of a change or development) very significant or considerable: the last decade has witnessed a tectonic shift in world affairsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Vietnam lies at the center of a tectonic traffic jam.
- Sengor, in particular, advocated superposition of a regime associated with tectonic escape.
- Shiite suspicions of the American troop increase reflect a tectonic shift in the political realities here.
- 2Relating to building or construction: a contest of tectonic quality and public attractivenessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But despite relative economy of means, the building has bold tectonic presence.
- Secondly, if the cut and montage are essential to cinematography, so too is the tectonic essential for architecture.
- The Weimar Bauhaus is a tectonic expression of load bearing walls interrupted by window screens.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This mountain is tectonically active and uplifts still occur here.
- New Zealand is a very tectonically active zone.
- This characteristic of the proposed scheme could make it suitable for less tectonically stable parts of the world provided enclaves of suitably thick crust are available.
mid 17th century (in sense 2): via late Latin from Greek tektonikos, from tektōn 'carpenter, builder'.
Más definiciones de tectonicDefinición de tectonic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.