Definición de tegmentum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tegmenta /-ə/)Anatomy
A region of grey matter on either side of the cerebral aqueduct in the midbrain.
- A thin, transversely oriented ribbon of fibers, the medial lemniscus, ascends from the lower brainstem into the midbrain tegmentum where it occupies a ventrolateral position.
- Ascending from the medulla and curving dorsolaterally into the tegmentum of the midbrain is the medial lemniscus, on its way to the thalamus.
- The lateral and medial lemnisci are gathered together in a large bundle that passes around the dorsolateral surface of the superior cerebellar peduncle to reach the midbrain tegmentum.
mid 19th century: from Latin, variant of tegumentum 'tegument'.
- Example sentences
- These effects have been suggested to be involved in depression of the excitability of the vagal sensory axons and the dopaminergic neuron in the ventral tegmental area of the brain.
- Activation of dopamine D 2 like receptors is known to inhibit the activity of dopaminergic neurons in the ventral tegmental area of the brain.
- Changes that have been observed in association with chronic administration of opioids include physical atrophy of dopamine-producing neurons in the ventral tegmental area.
Definición de tegmentum en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan