- 1Relating to or made with a telescope: telescopic data telescopic observationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But telescopic observation reveals the different rings of the Saturn, called the Cassini divisions, as well as the nebula of the constellations such as the ‘Orion.’
- The red and pink shades which color the horizon at these hours may be admired by lovers and vacationers, but to astronomers they are unwanted atmospheric phenomena that get in the way of telescopic observations.
- His telescopic observations forever changed how we understand the heavens; the Linceans hoped that their microscopic observations would do the same for the terrestrial world.
- 1.1Capable of viewing and magnifying distant objects: telescopic lensesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The main camera is mounted on the telescopic mast at the front of the trailer.
- Unbeknown to Garay, his passenger was armed with a rifle with a telescopic lens.
- Using the telescopic lens I analysed the terrain, looked for nests but found none.
- 1.2 Astronomy Visible through a telescope: there are interesting telescopic objects in BoötesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1609 and 1610, Italian mathematician and astronomer Galileo Galilei and German astronomer Simon Marius began telescopic studies of Jupiter and its system.
- This area had been studied extensively with telescopic images, and a near-equatorial landing would be most favorable for return-to-Earth trajectories.
- This was done first through telescopic measurements and early spacecraft fly-bys.
- 2Having or consisting of concentric tubular sections designed to slide into one another: a telescopic umbrellaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When the sun comes out, it will open, allowing users to swim under blue skies, but when the weather turns, the telescopic structure will slide shut and heating will kick in.
- Among the new information is the fact that although the circular shaft of the minaret appears from the exterior to consist of three telescopic sections, structurally there are in fact only two.
- The vehicle that we are here concerned with is essentially a telescopic boom designed and constructed to raise or lower platforms or other fixtures to required positions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Halley's star catalogue, published in 1678, was the first to contain telescopically determined locations of southern stars and that year he was elected a fellow of the Royal Society.
- They can see microscopically or telescopically.
- The upper portion telescopically interconnects with the lower portion.
Más definiciones de telescopicDefinición de telescopic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.