- 1An international system of telegraphy with printed messages transmitted and received by teleprinters using the public telecommunications network: networks can be set up to send and receive text by telex [as modifier]: telex messagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Traffic around the telex network had grown from an initial 2,000-3,000 telegrams a year to some 9,000 in 1989.
- It featured a high density of interaction, not least through the secure telex network.
- Telephone, telex, pager, and cellular phone services are available.
- 1.1 [count noun] A device used for telex: I found it waiting on the telex in Mitch’s officeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As late as the 1980s we were forced to return to Managua or Luanda or some other relatively peaceful place in order to reach a telex machine, a telephone line or a satellite dish.
- We had to rely upon faxes and the old telex machine, and telephone calls at different times through different time zones.
- In a forgotten warehouse, 500 telex machines were discovered which had been bought by the previous Chilean government but left unused because nobody knew what to do with them.
- 1.2 [count noun] A message sent by telex: I received your telex yesterdayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Six days after the crash, the company sent an emergency telex grounding all flights, but the families' solicitor asked if it should have been sent earlier.
- After sending the telex, he returned to the rescue operation, climbing into a hole to help a child.
- They were the days of letters, telexes, faxes and telegrams.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Communicate with (someone) by telex: he had telexed Ms Starnes from ZurichMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They telexed the company denying breach of contract, and refusing to agree to a USD 230,000 discount.
- 1.1Send (a message) by telex: telexing a 70 page document is a time-consuming processMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You had to run out to find foreign newspapers, or have them laboriously telexed from London or Paris.
- The advantage of resorting to a sea waybill is that it avoids the problems arising from the late arrival of the documentation; its contents can be telexed to the destination.
Más definiciones de telexDefinición de telex en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.