- The chemical element of atomic number 52, a brittle, shiny, silvery-white semimetal resembling selenium and occurring mainly in small amounts in metallic sulphide ores. (Symbol: Te)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Elements such as lead, tellurium, beryllium, chromium, phosphorus, and manganese have little or no effect on the corrosion resistance of coppers and binary copper-zinc alloys.
- At higher temperatures, the metal does combine with many acids, the halogens, sulfur, selenium, and tellurium.
- Lead, selenium, tellurium and sulfur are added to copper alloys to improve machinability.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They separately synthesized rod-shaped nanometre scale crystal of two semi-conductors: cadmium selenide and cadmium telluride.
- The group is exploring cadmium telluride, cadmium sulfide, boron/phosphorous-doped silicon, and organic/polymeric materials and plans to assess more exotic photovoltaic materials in the future.
- Newly developed handheld gamma-ray spectrometers based on cadmium zinc telluride detectors are currently being used to detect and identify radioisotopes in a variety of security and defense applications.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin tellus, tellur- 'earth', probably named in contrast to uranium.
Más definiciones de telluriumDefinición de tellurium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.