Definición de tellurium en inglés:
The chemical element of atomic number 52, a brittle, shiny, silvery-white semimetal resembling selenium and occurring mainly in small amounts in metallic sulphide ores. (Symbol: Te)
- Elements such as lead, tellurium, beryllium, chromium, phosphorus, and manganese have little or no effect on the corrosion resistance of coppers and binary copper-zinc alloys.
- At higher temperatures, the metal does combine with many acids, the halogens, sulfur, selenium, and tellurium.
- Lead, selenium, tellurium and sulfur are added to copper alloys to improve machinability.
- Example sentences
- They separately synthesized rod-shaped nanometre scale crystal of two semi-conductors: cadmium selenide and cadmium telluride.
- The group is exploring cadmium telluride, cadmium sulfide, boron/phosphorous-doped silicon, and organic/polymeric materials and plans to assess more exotic photovoltaic materials in the future.
- Newly developed handheld gamma-ray spectrometers based on cadmium zinc telluride detectors are currently being used to detect and identify radioisotopes in a variety of security and defense applications.
Definición de tellurium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan