- (Of an egg or egg cell) having a large yolk situated at or near one end.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Maternal and paternal brooding roles are reversed in these groups, with females producing large telolecithal eggs that are fertilized as they are deposited into the male brood pouch.
- Mammals have very little yolk but have evolved from reptiles with telolecithal eggs and, thus, they retain features to cope with the problem of a large inert yolk mass.
- Teleost eggs are telolecithal, with the yolk segregated from the active cytoplasm.
late 19th century: from Greek telos 'end' + lekithos 'egg yolk' + -al.
Más definiciones de telolecithalDefinición de telolecithal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.