- The enzyme in a eukaryote that repairs the telomeres of the chromosomes so that they do not become progressively shorter during successive rounds of chromosome replication.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Human cells have an additional barrier to unfettered replication - most lack the chromosome repair enzyme called telomerase that rat cells possess.
- Telomeres, the natural ends of linear chromosomes, are maintained by the specialized reverse transcriptase called telomerase.
- In eukaryotic cells with telomeres composed of short tandem repeats, this involves the enzyme telomerase.
Más definiciones de telomeraseDefinición de telomerase en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.