Definición de tempest en inglés:
A violent windy storm: a raging tempest figurative a worldwide tempest of economic recession
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Abruptly following, a hoard of men appeared on the ridge, and with a howl like a raging tempest, chaos erupted.
- The first thing I noticed as we approached the front door was that outside seemed to be caught up in a violent tempest.
- Calm seas and easy winds do not test a ship's worthiness, but it is the tempest and the hurricane that show her true metal.
a tempest in a teapot
- North American term for a storm in a teacup (see storm).Example sentences
- In reality, the firestorm of publicity engulfing Gaughan was nothing more than a tempest in a teapot.
- A review of the registration process might prove whether this is a tempest in a teapot.
- A more valid criticism, perhaps, is that the report is a tempest in a teapot.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan