Definición de ten en inglés:
- She always sleeps nine or ten hours the night before the race.
- The food store had enough food in it to comfortably feed the five of them for ten years.
- She can live like this another five or ten years.
- Police chiefs said closing the unit would save taxpayers tens of thousands of pounds.
- The Romans represented units, tens, hundreds, and thousands as separate items in their numbers.
- If you apply that cost to tens of thousands of devices, you can see the impact.
- They would go canoeing at a time when the children were all under the age of ten.
- Members organised a fancy dress Hallowe'en party for children under ten years of age in the community centre.
- The riders are all ages, some maybe under ten years of age.
- She works from eight o'clock in the morning to ten o'clock at night, six days a week.
- The party started in the afternoon and continued until ten o'clock the next morning.
- It was ten o'clock at night, but there wasn't much chance of a rest.
- She could tell exactly how much of that thick stack of cash was of ones, fives, tens, and hundred-dollar bills.
- There were two one dollar bills, one five dollar bill, and two tens - plus three dollars in change.
- I'll use one of my tens and combine our money to buy it for you!
- The aces, tens and face cards have point values associated with them.
- The kings of diamonds are the highest trumps instead of the tens of hearts.
- If any of these hand cards are tens or face cards, players can discard some or all of those cards.
- 1be ten a penny
- see penny.
- 2ten out of ten British
- 2.1Used to indicate that someone has done something well: you have to give her ten out of ten for persistenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I would give it ten out of ten if someone bought it for me because no-one ever buys me perfume, but for my other half…
- If the music weeklies gave an album ten out of ten, I invariably went and bought it.
- I would give myself a ten out of ten for my performance.
- 3ten to one
- Very probably: ten to one you’ll never find out who did thisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Odds are ten to one that she will be an outcast at the next meeting.
- Ten to one, Henry will bribe them.
- Ten to one you've had to go to the dictionary to find out what that means.
The number ten goes back to an ancient root shared by Latin decem, the source of decimal (early 17th century) and similar words. The rules of conduct given by God to Moses on Mount Sinai, according to the biblical book of Exodus, have been known in English as the Ten Commandments since the Middle Ages. The common practice in schools of setting tests with ten questions has led to ten out of ten coming to mean ‘completely right, perfect’.
Palabras que riman con tenAdrienne, again, amen, Ardennes, Behn, Ben, Benn, Bren, cayenne, Cévennes, Dairen, den, en, fen, gen, glen, Glenn, Guyenne, Gwen, hen, julienne, Karen, ken, Len, Loren, men, Nene, Ogaden, paren, pen, Penn, Phnom Penh, Rennes, Shenzhen, Sun Yat-sen, then, Tlemcen, when, wren, yen, zazen, Zen
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.