- 1A slender thread-like appendage of a climbing plant, often growing in a spiral form, which stretches out and twines round any suitable support.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Shoots were cut, divided into stems with broad leaves, tendrils, flowers, and fruits.
- The plant climbs by means of tendrils and is best grown in a composted soil supported by a fence or trellis.
- The plants produce an abundance of tendrils and can support themselves if planted about 1 inch apart.
- 1.1Something resembling a plant tendril, especially a slender curl or ringlet of hair: the wind fitfully moved the dark tendrils around her foreheadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She is radiantly attired in a pink designer dress, with her hair curled in tendrils.
- Her hair was thrown in a slightly messy ponytail that let tendrils of golden tawny hair fall in curls around her face.
- Her rich, dark chocolate hair cascaded down her back in loose curled tendrils.
mid 16th century: probably a diminutive of Old French tendron 'young shoot', from Latin tener 'tender'.
Más definiciones de tendrilDefinición de tendril en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.