1A slender thread-like appendage of a climbing plant, often growing in a spiral form, which stretches out and twines round any suitable support.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Shoots were cut, divided into stems with broad leaves, tendrils, flowers, and fruits.
- The plant climbs by means of tendrils and is best grown in a composted soil supported by a fence or trellis.
- The plants produce an abundance of tendrils and can support themselves if planted about 1 inch apart.
1.1Something resembling a plant tendril, especially a slender curl or ringlet of hair: the wind fitfully moved the dark tendrils around her forehead
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She is radiantly attired in a pink designer dress, with her hair curled in tendrils.
- Her hair was thrown in a slightly messy ponytail that let tendrils of golden tawny hair fall in curls around her face.
- Her rich, dark chocolate hair cascaded down her back in loose curled tendrils.
Definición de tendril en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda