A projecting piece of wood made for insertion into a mortise in another piece: a mortise and tenon joint
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One piece of wood has tenons that fit into matching sockets drilled into another piece of wood.
- They employ hand-chiseled mortises and tenons.
- The frame is completely made of wooden parts solidly linked by many mortises and tenons held together by a sophisticated system of brackets.
1.1Cut as a tenon: the part to be tenoned is wider than the part to be mortised
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These tenoners vary in size.
- The tenoners were designed for accuracy over time and a dramatic reduction in set-up time.
- Some machinery manufacturers are working to produce tenoners that can cut a curved arch in one through-feed.
Late Middle English: from French, from tenir 'to hold', from Latin tenere.
Palabras que riman con tenonLennon, pennon
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tenon
Definición de tenon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda