- The resistance of a material to breaking under tension. Compare with compressive strength.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Suddenly the polymer producers were challenged to develop specialty materials with higher tensile strengths, higher temperature resistance, higher abrasion resistance, and greater stiffness.
- The tensile strength of clad material depends on the tensile strength of its components and their ratio to its thickness.
- In any event, she can exert a surface pressure far in excess of the tensile strength of any material ever likely to be found on this planet or its environs.
Más definiciones de tensile strengthDefinición de tensile strength en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.