1 Mathematics A mathematical object analogous to but more general than a vector, represented by an array of components that are functions of the coordinates of a space.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For our purposes, a tensor is an array of values (such as a vector or a matrix) that has the property that the relationship to other such arrays is unchanged if we rotate the coordinate axes (I discuss the biological meaning of this below).
- Next above a vector are tensors of order 2, which are often referred to as matrices.
- But the gravitational field is a symmetric tensor rather than a vector, and this means the graviton is spin-two, rather than spin-one like the photon.
2 Anatomy A muscle that tightens or stretches a part of the body: [as modifier]: the tensor tympani muscle of the middle ear
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two muscles - the tensor and levator palatine muscles - help the tube open and close.
- The more common external/lateral syndrome occurs when the iliotibial band, tensor muscle of fascia lata or gluteus medius tendon rides back and forth across the greater trochanter, where bursitis may also develop.
- This muscle is considered to be a tensor fasciae plantaris.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He showed how to make tensorial definitions of stress rate that were invariant to spin and thus were suitable for use in relations between the stress history and the deformation history of a material.
- Robust orientation inference is performed by an enhanced accumulation process using the tensorial fields.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda