1A pole supporting a tent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dressed just in pyjamas, they attempted to secure the tent in a howling gale, only to discover a tent pole had broken.
- There's a slab of concrete where the tent pole goes in.
- Lounging against barriers erected for crowd control, they offered unsolicited advice to frazzled young ladies tangled in a complex mass of tent poles.
2 [usually as modifier] informal, chiefly US A film that is expected to be very successful and so able to fund a range of related products or films: this year’s big tent-pole movie
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yes, Ang Lee is directing a summer tent pole.
- Director Alejandro Agresti and his team are hereby remanded from making any studio tent pole pictures with budgets greater than $25 million.
- I see it as a tent pole for summer 2003.
Definición de tent pole en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda