Definición de tentorium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tentoria /-rɪə/)
1 Anatomy A fold of the dura mater forming a partition between the cerebrum and cerebellum.
- The straight sinus, located at the site of attachment of the falx cerebri to the tentorium cerebelli, has been opened.
- The tentorium cerebelli is continuous with the posterior and anterior petroclinoid ligaments.
- The free front margin of the tentorium fits closely round the back of the brain stem; the brain stem can be damaged, for example if a tumour growing above or below the ‘tent’ encroaches on this narrow space.
2 Entomology An internal skeletal framework in the head of an insect.
- More posterior head skeletal structures and the tentorium do not develop in these embryos.
- Indeed, this family has various plesiomorphic features, such as a complete tentorium and a mouthcone that is nearly bilaterally symmetrical, and as such it is clearly a basal group of thrips.
early 19th century: from Latin, literally 'tent'.
Definición de tentorium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan