- A brachiopod of a mainly fossil order that originated in the Devonian, having a short pedicle and a calcareous loop supporting the tentacles.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Terebratulida, class Articulata: many families
- The present results suggest a more critical approach to ascertaining the meaning and relevance of the internal structures, in both fossil and recent terebratulids.
- Despite their antiquity, living terebratulids are advanced organisms, able to out-perform molluscan bivalves in filter feeding efficiency under certain conditions.
- We focused instead on the secondary fibrous layer by removing the outer primary layer-previous studies have shown that the outer layer of terebratulid shells has a lower concentration of organic material.
1970s: from modern Latin Terebratulida, based on Latin terebrare 'to bore'.