sustantivo (plural terrariums or terraria /-rɪə/)
- 1A vivarium for smaller land animals, especially reptiles, amphibians, or terrestrial invertebrates, typically in the form of a glass-fronted case.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We examined a captive animal in a terrarium, where I fed it samples of the plants that grow on the mounds.
- Males were kept together in a terrarium (70 x 30 cm, height 30 cm) until September, with ad libitum food and water.
- He's been fascinated with these creatures since childhood and now shares his bedroom with six of them in a large terrarium.
- 1.1A sealed transparent globe or similar container in which plants are grown.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When looking for what plants to put in your terrarium, first choose plants that love moisture and don't grow very large.
- Plants were placed in terraria in controlled-environment rooms programmed to simulate natural temperature cycles with smooth, sine-wave thermoperiods that lagged the photoperiod by 3 h.
- One of the most common pairings for a terrarium are carnivorous plants and orchids.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin terra 'earth', on the pattern of aquarium.
Más definiciones de terrariumDefinición de terrarium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.