1Of great size, amount, or intensity: there was a terrific bang
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The same goes for De Niro, who plays his part with such terrific intensity.
- There has always been a terrific amount of keeping up with the Joneses.
- In the final the large crowd was enthralled by a game of intense skill and terrific excitement.
tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable;
intense, extreme, extraordinary, excessive, inordinate
informal mega, whopping, whopping great, humongous
British informal whacking, whacking great, ginormous
1.1 informal Extremely good; excellent: it’s been such a terrific day you look terrific
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is an excellent tackler with terrific instincts and the speed to chase down plays.
- It sounded like a terrific idea, but somehow got extremely muddled along the way.
- In the south of France a wonderful woman supervises another terrific restaurant, the Hostellerie Jerome in La Turbie.
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstanding;
informal super, great, smashing, amazing, amazeballs, fantastic, tremendous, phenomenal, sensational, incredible, heavenly, divine, stellar, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, brill, awesome, magic, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, ace, crack, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spanking, dope, def, phat
British informal brilliant, brill, bosting
North American informal peachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodacious, crackerjack
US informal on fleek
Australian/New Zealand informal beaut, bonzer
South African informal kif, lank
informal, dated groovy
British informal, dated capital, champion, wizard, corking, cracking, ripping, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer
North American informal, dated swell, keen
vulgar slang shit-hot
Mid 17th century (in sense 2): from Latin terrificus, from terrere 'frighten'.
Palabras que riman con terrificanaglyphic, beatific, calorific, colorific, hieroglyphic, honorific, horrific, Indo-Pacific, pacific, prolific, scientific, soporific, specific, transpacific, triglyphic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ter|rif¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda