Definición de terrific en inglés:
1Of great size, amount, or intensity: there was a terrific bang
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The same goes for De Niro, who plays his part with such terrific intensity.
- There has always been a terrific amount of keeping up with the Joneses.
- In the final the large crowd was enthralled by a game of intense skill and terrific excitement.
tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable;
intense, extreme, extraordinary, excessive, inordinate
1.1 informal Extremely good; excellent: it’s been such a terrific day you look terrific
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is an excellent tackler with terrific instincts and the speed to chase down plays.
- It sounded like a terrific idea, but somehow got extremely muddled along the way.
- In the south of France a wonderful woman supervises another terrific restaurant, the Hostellerie Jerome in La Turbie.
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstanding;
informalsuper, great, smashing, amazing, amazeballs, fantastic, tremendous, phenomenal, sensational, incredible, heavenly, divine, stellar, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, brill, awesome, magic, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, ace, crack, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spanking
North American informalpeachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodacious, crackerjack
South African informalkif, lank
informal, , datedgroovy
British informal, , datedcapital, champion, wizard, corking, cracking, ripping, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer
North American informal, , datedswell, keen
- [as submodifier]: she’s been terrifically busy latelyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He brings to the plate some truly fragrant and terrifically tender roasted meat.
- Malkovich's first film is a triumphant and terrifically stylish exercise in moviemaking; it has a real identity and signature.
- He is terrifically smart, funny, judicious, a great lawyer, and knowledgeable about law, history, and so much else.
Palabras que riman con terrificanaglyphic, beatific, calorific, colorific, hieroglyphic, honorific, horrific, Indo-Pacific, pacific, prolific, scientific, soporific, specific, transpacific, triglyphic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda