Definición de testicle en inglés:
- You may be more at risk of testicular cancer if you have an undescended testicle, a family history of the disease or a previous testicular tumour.
- The position of the testicles has been found to be a diagnostic sign of situs inversus totalis.
- The rationale for treatment of the undescended testicle is the prevention of potential sequelae.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The renal and testicular veins show many irregularities when the left inferior vena cava persists.
- In a small number of cases, the child may have both testicular and ovarian tissue.
- Subfertility may be related to an underlying malignancy, such as a testicular or pituitary tumor.
Late Middle English: from Latin testiculus, diminutive of testis 'a witness' (i.e. to virility).
The ancient Romans felt that a man's testicles testified that he was male. They formed the word testiculus from Latin testis ‘witness’, the source also of attest (late 16th century); detest (Late Middle English) which originally meant to denounce; protest (Late Middle English); testify (Late Middle English); and intestate (Late Middle English) ‘without a witnessed will’. The testicles were the ‘witnesses’ of the man's virility.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.