Definición de tetanic en inglés:
Relating to or characteristic of tetanus, especially in connection with tonic muscle spasm.
- Tetanus infection can cause production of a neurotoxin, leading to tetanic muscle contractions.
- Three days after being given intravenous zoledronic acid, he had tetanic spasms and paraesthesia.
- Clearly, tetanic stimulation of the quadriceps muscle is not feasible in unanesthetized human subjects.
- Example sentences
- These results suggest that in normal medium both single and tetanically evoked mossy fiber calcium responses are inhibited by released zinc, with the single-field potentials remaining unaltered.
- We investigated the influence of hyperoxia on O2 uptake in tetanically contracting canine gastrocnemius.
- Finally, the structural and metabolic characteristics of the tetanically stimulated muscles are restored to values that allow electrically supported standing up and standing.
Definición de tetanic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan