sustantivo (plural tête-à-têtes pronunc. igual)
1A private conversation between two people: it so happened that their tête-à-tête was in earshot
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then after their little tête-à-tête on her lawn, he felt as though he might be in love with her.
- She smiled intimately as though we'd settled in front of the fire for a tête-à-tête.
- If 222 is perfect for romantic tête-à-têtes and intimate celebrations, it's because sometimes elegant food and perfect presentation just aren't enough.
conversation, chat, cosy chat, talk, heart-to-heart, one-on-one, one-to-one;
discussion, dialogue, duologue, consultation, colloquy, parley, powwow
informal confab, jaw, chit-chat, chinwag, gossip
British informal natter
North American informal rap
Australian informal convo
2An S-shaped sofa on which two people can sit face to face.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A mid-nineteenth-century French form, the tête-à-tête, also known as a confident, was well-suited to the parlor as its two chairs facing in opposite directions and joined at the sides allowed for discreet conversation.
- The graceful, sinuous shape of this tête-à-tête illustrates the importance of lamination and epitomizes the Rococo Revival style.
Involving or happening between two people in private: [as adjective]: a tête-à-tête meal [as adverb]: his business was conducted tête-à-tête
Late 17th century: French, literally 'head-to-head'.
Palabras que riman con tête-à-têteabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tête-à-tête
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda