Definición de tetrastyle en inglés:
A building or part of a building, especially a portico, that has four pillars.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Where the streets meet at right angles in the middle of the enclosure stands a tetrastyle reminiscent of Roman arches of triumph.
- Keeping this in mind, archaeologists looked for remains of an extensive residential area and found it just beyond the tetrastyle to the southwest.
adjetivoVolver al principio
(Of a building or part of a building) having four pillars: a tetrastyle portico
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Excavations in the 1950s and 1960s around the columns and the nearby spring suggest that the tetrastyle temple, measuring 2010.75m., was dedicated to Apollo, who is commemorated in the name of the town.
- Constructed probably from the 60s, it comprised a precinct containing a tetrastyle classical temple, on axis with which was an altar.
- Eumenean on the west and Philanthropic on the east are two-story pavilions with tetrastyle pedimented porticos.
Early 18th century: via Latin from Greek tetrastulos, from tetra- 'four' + stulos 'column'.
Palabras que riman con tetrastylevolatile • hypostyle
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda