Definición de textualist en inglés:
A person who adheres strictly to a text, especially that of the scriptures.
- I thought conservatives were supposed to be strict textualists!
- I am doing that because I am more interested in exploring the general tension between the text and the interpretations endorsed by many self-described textualists than in the details of any one approach.
- According to originalists and textualists, the constitution protects us from judges and other officials by restricting them to politically uncontroversial, neutral decisions about historical intentions and semantic meanings.
- Example sentences
- Although he competently summarizes this theory in his introduction, Ring does little to distinguish textualism from originalism in general or from originalist intentionalism in particular.
- There never was a golden age of First Amendment textualism or absolutism in American history, even if you limit the First Amendment to Congressional power.
- Just as important, the 68-year-old justice hews to a philosophical framework - known as textualism - that gives great weight to the written words of the Constitution and legislation.
Definición de textualist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia