Definición de thankful en inglés:
1Pleased and relieved: [with clause]: they were thankful that the war was finally over [with infinitive]: I was very thankful to be alive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was thankful for the light so I could see but glad it was just enough to see and not blind me.
- I am very thankful for the contribution and support of everyone at the meeting.
- I hold my babies tight and I am thankful for every moment I have with them.
1.1Expressing gratitude and relief: an earnest and thankful prayer
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The intended spirit of the ancient festival is one of gentleness and thankfulness, paying respect to elders and showing appreciation for the gift of life-giving water.
- They thanked him for the references he had supplied, and graciously he acknowledged their thankfulness though he could not remember any assistance; was this a problem?
- We are able to perceive a tone of gratitude and thankfulness for Carver's willingness to share his scientific largesse with the surrounding community.
Pronunciación: /ˈθaŋkfʊlnəs/ /ˈθaŋkf(ə)lnəs/sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán