- It came back on about half an hour earlier than predicted, so I suppose I can give thanks for that.
- All were there to give thanks for their survival and to pay tribute to those who never returned from the beaches.
- Hundreds turned out to pay tribute to a beloved former headteacher at a memorial service to give thanks for her life.
- So, even though I don't think the photos are that good, thanks for the compliments!
- Many thanks for the kind comments in the guestbook and also by email.
- There are far too many people in the band to answer that but thanks for asking.
no thanks to
- Used to convey that someone has failed to contribute to, or has hindered, a successful outcome: we’ve won, but no thanks to youMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was no thanks to your driving that only you got hurt.
- She is doing fine now, thank God, but it's no thanks to the lack of facilities for transport and radiotherapy.
- It's a miracle we've escaped another hit, and it's no thanks to anything these clowns have done.
thanks a lot informal
- Used to express a great deal of gratitude to someone: thanks a lot for all your helpMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thanks a lot for all of your advice.
- Thanks a lot for all the encouragements!
- Tony, thanks a lot for having me on the show today.
- 2.1Used ironically to express annoyance at someone who is to blame for something: thanks a lot for wasting my timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thanks a lot for those sleepless nights.
- Thanks a lot for helping him perpetrate his immoral, illegal war on innocent people.
- He didn't accept my dental insurance. Gee, thanks a lot.
thanks a million
- informal Thank you very much.Oraciones de ejemplo
thank you, many thanks, thanks very much, thanks a lot, thank you kindly, much obliged, much appreciated, bless youinformal cheers, thanks a millionBritish informal ta
- Incidentally, thanks a million to my contributors, whoever you are.
- I would just like to finish by saying thanks a million to all the staff; they are a credit to the Royal Bolton Hospital and to the town of Bolton and surrounding areas.
- Anyhow, thanks a million for the comments left on my blog about getting well soon!
- As a result of; due to: it’s thanks to you that he’s in this messMás ejemplos en oraciones
as a result of, owing to, due to, because of, through, by reason of, as a consequence of, in consequence of, on account of, by virtue of, by dint of
- Do you think that thanks to my confusion over this unsolicited piece of email I am now a marked man?
- It was very painful when I first did it, but it's a lot easier now thanks to the painkillers.
- I ended up walking about a mile out of my way, thanks to following the instructions given.
Old English thancas, plural of thanc '(kindly) thought, gratitude', of Germanic origin; related to Dutch dank and German Dank, also to think.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: thanks
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.