Belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe: there are many different forms of theism Compare with deism.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Along the way, Polkinghorne argues that going beyond the basics of theism can make belief more credible to nonbelievers.
- As long as Ted has had any beliefs of any kind, we may suppose, he has believed that God exists; theism is not a belief he came to.
- Here liberal theism and varieties of natural theology seemed particularly dangerous.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As Barr notes, however, this assumes, without rational justification, that all rational explanation must be rendered in terms of equations and quantities, an assumption that theists reject.
- Years ago I wrote about the tendency of modernist, evolution-minded, progressive, pacifist theists to live long lives.
- In other words, what is such a debate supposed to do: make theists?
Late 17th century: from Greek theos 'god' + -ism.
Palabras que riman con theismShiism
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: the¦ism
Definición de theism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda