Definición de theology en inglés:
sustantivo (plural theologies)[mass noun]
- And after 11 long years of study, Frank has been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in theology and religious studies.
- The former Orangeman was awarded a Masters degree in theology for his studies on secret societies and Christianity.
- Now you can do science without studying theology, and you can study theology without knowing all that much science.
- There is in Catholic theology a theory of just war, which stresses exactly this point.
- Many controversies arose as the new religion struggled to develop its core theology.
- The religion is a blend of Christian theology and indigenous American beliefs.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- All these are questions that scientists and theologists alike are trying to find answers to.
- British natural theologists, including John Ray and Robert Boyle, united science with religion in an attempt to show that happiness was part of God's plan.
- So magnificent and so magical is this divine harmony of the Universe that even the greatest scholars, physicists, philosophers, theologists, and astronomers still don't have all the answers.
God from Old English:
The Old English word God is related to similar words in German and in Scandinavian languages, but not to the Latin and Greek words, which were deus ( see divine) and theos (as in theology (Late Middle English)). The top gallery in a theatre is known as the gods—the original term in the 1750s was the regions of the gods, because the seats were high up and therefore close to the heavens. Godfather and godmother has been used since around ad 1000. Godfather meaning ‘a leader of the American Mafia’ has been a familiar term since Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather ( 1969) filmed in 1972, but was first recorded in the early 1960s. The origins of the British national anthem God save the Queen (or King) are not known for sure, but the song was definitely sung in London theatres in 1745, when the country was threatened by the Jacobite uprising led by the Young Pretender, Bonnie Prince Charlie, and the words and tune probably date from the previous century. ‘God save the king’ was a password in the navy as early as 1545—‘long to reign over us’ was the correct response. The exclamations gosh (mid 18th century) and golly (mid 18th century) were originally ways to avoid taking God's name in vain. See also lap
Palabras que riman con theologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definición de theology en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.