sustantivo (plural theophanies)
- A visible manifestation to humankind of God or a god: the great theophany of SinaiMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We shall be fulfilled with his visible theophany in holy contemplations, and it shall shine round about us with radiant beams of glory just as of old it once shone round the disciples at the divine Transfiguration.
- It is what is called a theophany, a manifestation of God, and it became one of the main texts used in Jewish and Christian discussion of God.
- These he divides into events (e.g., miracles, theophanies, life of Jesus), all possessing numinous phenomena and themes.
Old English, via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek theophaneia, from theos 'god' + phainein 'to show'.
Más definiciones de theophanyDefinición de theophany en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.