1The eleventh month of the French Republican calendar (1793–1805), originally running from 19 July to 17 August.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the ‘ninth and tenth Thermidor of the sixth year of the First French Republic’ - 27-28 July, 1798 that is - the first fruits of Napoleon's plunder from Italy reached Paris.
- With the 9th of Thermidor, the machinery of the Jacobin republic was dismantled.
- Ironically, perhaps, the last collective act of the clubs was to celebrate the anniversary of 9-10 Thermidor.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It appealed to lower class Protestants because of its appeal to defend the ‘Protestant Ascendancy’ against the challenge of Republicanism (itself having given way to Thermidorian reaction in France) and Catholicism.
- The ‘sexual revolution’ has already degenerated into a Thermidorian reaction, and what was hoped would be liberation has merely reinvented the old authoritarianism.
- Instead, Lajer-Burcharth highlights the interaction of David's art and certain psychocultural aspects of Thermidorian society shaken by the Terror.
French, from Greek thermē 'heat' + dōron 'gift'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Thermi|dor
Definición de Thermidor en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda