A bacterium or other microorganism that grows best at higher than normal temperatures.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, in that analysis, 10% of the bacteria but 78% of the archaea were thermophiles.
- For example, thermophiles are organisms that live under conditions of extreme high temperature.
- In particular, these findings are elucidative to understand mechanisms of thermal adaptation of thermophiles, and for developing thermostable enzymes for biotechnological applications.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meanwhile, Earth-dwelling extremophile microorganisms, both thermophilic (heat-loving) and psychrophilic (cold-loving), are variously adapted to temperatures that would fry us or freeze us.
- Here, I compared sequences from the mesophilic bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans, whose genome has been completely sequenced, with Thermus thermophilus, a thermophilic bacterium that is related to Deinococcus.
- Farmer's lung disease is a hypersensitivity pneumonitis caused by the inhalation of thermophilic actinomycetes that grow in moldy hay or straw.
Definición de thermophile en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.