Definición de thermotropism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The turning or bending of a plant or other organism in response to a directional source of heat.
- Whether thermotropism would explain the observed relative preference of this parasite for chickens, which have a slightly higher body temperature than guinea pigs, remains to be determined.
- It appears to be a case of thermotropism, where the flower buds sense the cold downdraft of a thunderstorm and constrict before the drowning rain arrives.
- It is proposed that these and related mechanosensitive channels may participate in a variety of responses to temperature, including thermotropism, hydrotropism, and both cold damage and cold acclimation.
- Example sentences
- As noted above, the thermotropic phase behavior of these lipids changes after the low-temperature incubation protocol is applied.
- Differential scanning calorimetry was utilized to assess the impact of the fluorescent probes on the thermotropic phase behavior of the studied lipid membranes.
- Our data also show that the thermotropic phase behavior of these lipid dispersions changes after prolonged periods of low-temperature incubation.
Pronunciación: /ˌθəːmə(ʊ)ˈtrəʊpɪk, -ˈtrɒp-/adjetivo
Definición de thermotropism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia