Definición de thicken en inglés:
Make or become thick or thicker: [with object]: thicken the sauce with flour [no object]: the fog had thickened
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the fog thickened, I heard voices from where James had disappeared.
- Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pineapple sauce has thickened, then leave to cool.
- Add slowly to the pot and allow the sauce to thicken.
the plot thickens
- Used when a situation is becoming more and more complicated and puzzling.Oraciones de ejemplo
become more complicated, become more involved, become more intricate, become more mysterious, deepen
- But the plot thickens because there are another couple of men who were involved in this, but they were actually able to leave the country before it was uncovered.
- But here the plot thickens and the mystery deepens.
- From then on, the plot thickens with gangland hit men, police snoopers, media feeding frenzies, and nasty sexual shenanigans.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán