Make or become thick or thicker: [with object]: thicken the sauce with flour [no object]: the fog had thickened
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the fog thickened, I heard voices from where James had disappeared.
- Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pineapple sauce has thickened, then leave to cool.
- Add slowly to the pot and allow the sauce to thicken.
the plot thickens
- Used when a situation is becoming more and more complicated and puzzling.Oraciones de ejemplo
become more complicated, become more involved, become more intricate, become more mysterious, deepen
- But the plot thickens because there are another couple of men who were involved in this, but they were actually able to leave the country before it was uncovered.
- But here the plot thickens and the mystery deepens.
- From then on, the plot thickens with gangland hit men, police snoopers, media feeding frenzies, and nasty sexual shenanigans.
Palabras que riman con thickenquicken, sicken, stricken, Wiccan
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: thick¦en
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda