- 1A poisonous datura with large trumpet-shaped white flowers and toothed leaves, which has become a weed of waste ground in many countries. Also called jimson weed in North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Datura stramonium, family Solanaceae
- Important are the accounts of opium, aconite, hemlock, and the thorn apple, showing careful study of widely known poisons.
- Recipes of love stimulants frequently contained such plants, especially henbane, mandrake, and in later times thorn apple.
- 1.1The prickly fruit of the thorn apple, which resembles that of a horse chestnut.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘As well as being a hallucinogenic,’ says Phillips, ‘the thorn apple has a fiery, hot taste and causes sweating and burning sensations throughout the body’.
Más definiciones de thorn appleDefinición de thorn apple en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.